The English FA Cup has only ever been won by one Welsh team. If Nottingham Forest are to progress into the fifth round of the competition this year they must beat two, after conquering 1927 winners Cardiff City in round three they have been drawn away at Swansea City in round four of the competition.
The Swans are currently second in the Championship and saw off Stevenage in their own third round tie and will pose a difficult test for Forest who should they win, will play the winners of Cheltenham Town against Manchester City.
With both round four and fifth round draws aired live on BBC last night, all clubs still involved now know their destiny for the next two rounds of fixtures.
A tricky match on the south coast of Wales, Nottingham Forest will need to be at their best when ties are to be played over the weekend starting 22nd January but should they win, a potential reward could be to host Manchester City at the City Ground in round five in early February.
City will be favourites to beat League Two Cheltenham who saw off Mansfield Town after extra time in round three, memories of January 2009 and John Pemberton’s Reds could come rushing back for Forest fans who still celebrate the day the Reds went to Manchester and won 3-0 in the cup.
All ties are to be decided on the day so no replays, straight to extra-time and penalties if needed and whilst Forest and Swansea will capture the eye for most local supporters the pick of the bunch in round four has to be Manchester United against Liverpool which is a mouth-watering tie against two giants of football.
Full FA Cup Fourth Round Draw:
- Cheltenham Town v Manchester City
- Bournemouth v Crawley Town
- Swansea City v Nottingham Forest
- Manchester United v Liverpool
- Southampton or Shrewsbury Town v Arsenal
- Barnsley v Norwich City
- Chorley Town v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Millwall v Bristol City
- Brighton & Hove Albion v Blackpool
- Wycombe Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur
- Fulham v Burnley
- Sheffield United v Plymouth Argyle
- Chelsea v Luton Town
- West Ham United v Doncaster Rovers
- Brentford v Leicester City
- Everton v Sheffield Wednesday
Ties to be played 23rd/24th January 2021.
Full FA Cup Fifth Round draw:
- Fulham or Burnley v Bournemouth or Crawley Town
- Manchester United or Liverpool v West Ham or Doncaster Rovers
- Sheffield United or Plymouth Argyle v Millwall or Bristol City
- Chorley Town or Wolves v Southampton/Shrewsbury or Arsenal
- Barnsley or Norwich City v Chelsea or Luton Town
- Everton or Sheffield Wednesday v Wycombe or Tottenham
- Swansea City or Nottingham Forest v Cheltenham Town or Manchester City
- Brentford or Leicester City v Brighton & Hove Albion or Blackpool
Ties to be played 9th-11th January 2021.
*Main image @SwansOfficial Forest will travel to the Liberty Stadium in round four.