Reds Reach Youth Cup Final Four

Blackburn Rovers U18 1-3 Nottingham Forest U18 (FA Youth Cup Quarter Final) 03.03.22

Nottingham Forest are through to the Semi Finals of the FA Youth Cup after Warren Joyce’s under 18’s beat Blackburn Rovers at a cold and damp Ewood Park.

Rovers started well and forced Bott in the Reds goal to make the first save of the game before Dale Taylor slipped through Josh Powell inside the area at the other end, but Blackburn goalkeeper Felix Goddard was equal to the challenge.

Hanks tried his luck on seven with a curling effort from range before Taylor fired over the crossbar from the edge of the area on 14, but Forest’s persistence in attack paid finally, when Osong pulled back for Jack Nadin on 26 who opened the scoring by firing home.

Forest stretched their lead three minutes before half time when Esapa Osong ran into the area before unleashing a shot which went in off the bar, the Reds dominant in the rain with a two-goal lead at the break.

Blackburn, as they did in the first half, started with intent in the early stages of the second half too and Harrison Wood drove an effort across goal which was palmed away by Bott.

Forest might have made it three on 72 when Osong, slipped through by Collins, was denied by Goddard, Wood then had a shot deflected over as Blackburn looked to reduce the deficit.

On 77 minutes though, two did become three for Forest and Esapa Osong put the game to bed, exchanging a one-two with Jack Perkins before burying home into the bottom corner.

Blackburn did pull a goal back in the final minute through Patrick Gamble but too little too late for the home side, the Reds will next meet Chelsea in the final four.

A brilliant performance from Forest, with a huge hurdle up next, should the Reds beat the nine times champions, they’ll face either Wolves or Manchester United in the final.

Forest: Bott, Abbott, McAdam (Perry 86), Collins, Hammond, Hanks, Powell, McDonnell, Osong, Nadin (Thompson 90), Taylor (Perkins 74).

*Main image @NFFCAcademy action from a wet Ewood Park where Forest went through to the semi’s.

Leave a Reply