The Tour of Britain starts next month (Sunday 4th September 2022) with stage five of the event kicking off in West Bridgford and ending in Mansfield on Thursday 8th September.
Millions of people will be watching throughout the world as the cameras of ITV4 will hit the streets of Nottinghamshire for the third time the event taking place in this county. 2017 being the first held race in Notts, the 2018 event attracting over 250,000 spectators on the streets locally, making it the largest sporting occasion held in the counties history, with an economic boost of near £4m being spent by participants and spectators on accommodation, food, drink and retail alone.
The 190km route will start on Central Avenue in West Bridgford and end in the centre of Mansfield after taking in such scenic landmarks as the Wolds, Sherwood Forest and Clumber Park along the way.
Racing through the market towns of Southwell, Retford and Worksop, the race begins at 10:45am in the centre of West Bridgford’s shopping district, passing Trent Bridge Cricket Ground en route to Wilford Lane before elevating up into Keyworth via Ruddington, Bradmore, Bunny, East Leake, Costock and Wysall reaching Cotgrave and Cropwell Bishop an hour into the day.
By 1pm the race will reach the quaint village of Edingley after passing through Radcliffe-on-Trent, Gunthorpe, Lowdham, Lambley, Gedling, Calverton, Blidworth and Farnsfield before moving through Southwell and onto Normanton on Trent before reaching Retford at 2:17pm.
From the Northern most point in the county the race runs on through Worksop and Clumber Park before reaching Mansfield at little after 3:30pm with the stage ending on Chesterfield Road South outside the Mansfield Civic Centre.
Full timings (subject to change).
- West Bridgford (Central Avenue) 10:45am
- Ruddington (Wilford Road) 11:00am
- East Leake (Gotham Road) 11:18am
- Keyworth (Main Street) 11:34am
- Cotgrave (Bingham Road) 11:45am
- Radcliffe-on-Trent (Shelford Road) 12:03pm
- Lowdham (Lambley Lane) 12:19pm
- Calverton (Main Street) 12:43pm
- Ravenshead (Chapel Lane) 12:56pm
- Farnsfield (Longland Lane) 1:12pm
- Edingley (Main Street) 1:15pm
- Southwell (Market Place) 1:23pm
- Caunton (Main Street) 1:36pm
- Norwell (Norwell Lane) 1:43pm
- Normanton on Trent (Marnham Road) 2:03pm
- Retford (London Road) 2:35pm
- Worksop (Retford Road) 2:58pm
- Clumber Park 3:09pm
- Edwinstowe (Mansfield Road) 3:24pm
- Mansfield (Chesterfield Road South) 3:53pm
During the stage, the race will start as a procession through West Bridgford and gaining proper momentum as it gets to Wilford Lane at 11am, there will be a Kom 1 Cat 3 climb in Keyworth before the first of the sprints in Edingley, followed by another sprint in Retford and the third of the day in Clumber Park after a Kom 2 Cat 3 climb up Sparken Hill.
Runners and riders include 100 of the best cyclists from around the globe with the likes of Nottingham born duo Ollie Peckover and Ross Lamb racing for Ribble Weldtite who are one of the highest ranked teams in the country.
*Main image @Ollie_Peckover racing for Ribble will be Nottingham born cyclist Ollie Peckover.