Monday Matchday Round Up

As football friendlies continued to be played (without fans) across the county over the weekend there were a number of Nottinghamshire teams in action so why not take a look below and read how your local team did.

Carlton Town threw a late two goal lead away to draw 2-2 with Long Eaton United on Saturday after goals from Tyler Blake (20th min) and Ollie Clark (76th min) put the Millers in control at the Bill Stokeld Stadium.

Youngsters Kameron Campbell (86) and James Shaw (89) came off the bench to snatch a share of the spoils for the Derbyshire side in what was a good workout for both teams.

Like Carlton, much changed Worksop Town will be playing in the Northern Premier League South East Division again next season and they had a good friendly win over Northern Counties East outfit Parkgate at Sandy Lane.

The Tigers took the lead on 19 minutes through Vaughan Redford before the same player doubled the home sides advantage five minutes later but Simon Harrison pulled one back for the visitors moments after the break to reduce the deficit before Cody Cromack volleyed home on 74 to give new Town Manager Craig Parry a second successive comfortable pre-season win in charge.

It was a good weekend for AFC Mansfield who like Worksop also won 3-1 this time against Hall Road Rangers. Goals from the ever-reliable Ross Duggan and two for Luke Walker helping Matt Chatfield’s side to victory.

Elsewhere Newark FC drew at Handsworth 2-2 whilst Eastwood Community lost at home to Kettering 2-1 after the home side took an early lead through Jermaine Hollis. Selston were beaten 1-0 by Sherwood Colliery thanks to a Liam Hearn goal whilst Retford FC were beaten 3-1 at home to SJR Worksop.

Retford United drew 1-1 at Louth Town with Danny Abdullah netting for the Badgers whilst Hucknall Town beat Linby Colliery Welfare 5-1 at Watnall Road in a local derby game with Kimberley Miners Welfare beating Ruddington 3-2 thanks to two goals from James Oluwatosin and a fantastic free kick from Corey Jalland.

Finally on Friday night Teversal drew 1-1 with Southwell City with Greg Smith netting on 17 minutes for the home side before the visitors levelled seven minutes after half time in a game that was described by former England U21 international goalkeeper in attendance as a great advert for non-league football and one that “should have been about 10-7”.

*Main image @LongEatonUnited action from Stoke Lane as Carlton drew with Long Eaton.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *